To make sure this site stays safe and fun, Zula USA LLC makes the following promises:
- In almost all activities, the information we collect is non-personal (such as first name, age, city and state). If you enter a contest, send us a question or send an electronic postcard, we will also ask for an e-mail address. We only collect enough information from our visitors to make activities on Zula.com fun and interesting.
- If you submit stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us, which is posted on our site, you will be identified on our site only by first name, age, city and state.
- If you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enter one of our contests, we will write back using your e-mail address, but we will not share the address with a third party.
- If you ask Zula.com to send an electronic postcard or e-mail message, we will ask for your first name as well as the e-mail address and the first name of the person who will receive the postcard. We will only use this information to send the postcard or message.
- No one will be excluded from our site for not giving us personal information. When we do ask for personal information (like an e-mail address), we will only keep it until that particular activity is complete. We will not share this information with a third party.
- If we know a visitor is under the age of thirteen, we will collect a parent's permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes, or collect or share personal information with anyone else.
- If you create a username and password on Zula.com, we do not collect any information that would allow us or anyone else to identify you. When prompted to create a username, we recommend you use non-personally identifiable information. Your login information is only used in games and activities where users might want to save points and creations.
As you visit Zula.com, it is possible that several cookies* will be set on your computer. Zula.com uses the information from cookies to deliver relevant local resources, remember browser preferences, and improve our visitors' experiences on the site. No personal information is ever stored in a Zula.com cookie, even if you have entered your name or e-mail address on other parts of Zula.com.
Zula.com does not sell information collected by cookies or use the information for commerce-related purposes. In addition, Zula.com will not filter content based on your preferences without permission.
*What's a cookie? A cookie is information a Web site puts on your computer's hard drive so that the site can remember your preferences or which pages you visited on that site.
- If you watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip on Zula.com, a cookie will remember which media player (such as Real Player or QuickTime) and which type of clip (high or low bandwidth) you prefer to use on your computer. You can change your video and audio preferences at any time, or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
- As you explore Zula.com, a cookie will tell us which pages you visit and the amount of time between each page visit. This cookie does not remember any information about you or your computer; it just helps us at Zula.com identify new and repeat visitors, and tells us how long visitors spend on our sites and which pages receive the most traffic.
We also promise to help families and communities find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly.
- All links to third party sites from the kids section are insulated with a Zula.com bridge page. These pages clearly notify the visitor that he or she is leaving Zula.com, and offers an opportunity to return to Zula.com. In the case of a sponsor's link, the bridge page will provide more information about the sponsor's relationship to Zula.com. Since we cannot be assured that links to outside sites follow our safety or privacy guidelines, we encourage families to discuss these choices together. We are not responsible for the content or safety and privacy practices at any sites linked from our pages.
Cookies are data that a web server transfers to an individual's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies, which are an industry standard used by most websites, can facilitate a user's ongoing access to and use of a site. Cookies do not cause damage to your computer systems or files.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE IN THE INTERACTIVE COMMUNITY BECOMES PUBLIC INFORMATION, AND MAY BE AVAILABLE TO NOT ONLY REGISTERED INTERACTIVE COMMUNITY USERS, BUT TO VISITORS OF THE WEBSITES AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your personally identifiable information, or any other information, in any part of the Interactive Community.
Our Website may contain links to third party websites. These linked third party sites are not under the control of Zula.com, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site. We are providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link on our Website does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Zula.com.
Your family's use of this site is conditioned on your having accepted these terms. You should check back to this policy frequently, since it is subject to change from time to time, and your continued use of the site is conditioned upon your acceptance of any modifications hereto.
We want to make this site a place where families can surf together, and where parents and caregivers are happy to have their children interact, learn and play. If you have any comments or questions, we're happy to hear them.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
You may also contact us at 4111 West Alameda Avenue, Suite 501, Burbank, CA 91505 (818-840-1695).
Last modified: December 11, 2006